Carla J. Hayden
4025 E. Riverside Drive
Evansville, Indiana 47714
Paralegal with experience in both administrative and supervisory roles in the private and public
sector. Strong knowledge of legal procedures and terminology. Able to handle confidential data
with appropriate discretion and thrive in a productive work environment. Experienced in all
aspects of the local election process.
Clerk of the Vanderburgh Circuit Court
January 2017 to Present
- Supervises approximately 50 full-time, plus part-time and seasonal employees.
- Administers and preserves the Court’s records and finances.
- Works with state and local officials in implementing and adhering to the statutory and administrative requirements of the office.
- Responsible for all aspects of the local election process, including poll worker training, tabulation of votes, and procurement of the electronic voting system currently utilized by Vanderburgh County.
Glenn A. Deig, Attorney at Law
September 2012 through December 2016
- Prepares wills, trusts, powers of attorney, and other estate planning documents.
- Prepares motions, orders, and other legal documents for filing with the Court.
- Works and communicates with attorneys, court personnel, and county offices.
- Engages in written and verbal communications with clients, court personnel, governmental agencies, and financial institutions.
- Compiles and submits initial, biennial, and final accountings for guardianship cases.
Crown Services Group
July 2012 through
- Reviewed real property surveys for accuracy.
- Requested job price quotes.
- Engaged in written and verbal communications with project leaders and vendors.
Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Trustee Office
November 2006 through
- Reviewed and summarized legal documents.
- Prepared motions, objections, orders, and other legal documents for filing electronically with the Court.
- Engaged in written and verbal communications with debtor and creditor counsel and representatives, and court personnel.
- Attended hearings with the Trustee. Created minutes, and prepared and electronically filed all legal documents which resulted from
Vanderburgh County Commissioner’s Office
July 2006 through
Quest Information Systems
County Coordinator for Statewide Voter Registration Project
January 2005 through
- Worked as a liaison between local election officials and company personnel.
- Coordinated data conversion, and computer hardware and software installation.
- Coordinated comprehensive training for the end users.
- Provided onsite training and support to end users after initial implantation, including in Vanderburgh County.
Vanderburgh County Clerk of Courts Office
Deputy Clerk – April 1997 to August 1997
Asst. Chief Deputy – August 1997 to October 1997
Chief Deputy – October 1997 to December 2004
April 1997 through
- Assisted the Clerk in the performance of her duties and acted on her behalf in her absence.
- Assisted in the supervision of approximately 50 Clerk’s Office employees.
- Interviewed and hired new employees.
- Served as secretary of the Vanderburgh County Commission on Public Records.
- Worked with judges, prosecutors, and law enforcement officers in the creating, preserving, and administering of the Court’s records and finances.
- Worked with state and local officials in implementing and adhering to the statutory and administrative requirements of the office.
- Member of the 3-person management team for the Election Office responsible for all aspects of the local election process, including poll worker training, tabulation of votes, and procurement of the electronic voting system currently utilized by Vanderburgh County.
Hogan Information Systems, Inc.
Independent Data Entry Contractor for a Credit Reporting Service
December 1993 through
- Traveled to courthouses in 5 counties in southwestern Indiana collecting judgment and tax lien data.
January 1988 through May 1989
A.S. in Paralegal Studies
Pike Central High School
Graduated May 1979